Being the daughter of the town's gym leader, it's only natural that Red and her family live above the gym itself. The large, somewhat ostentatious building towered over everything nearby - a reminder of the league's wealth and power.
The Catgirl at the counter perked up momentarily when she heard the doors open, only to slump back down when she saw your faces. "Mou... why does it have to be so quiet today? Stupid tamer's test..."
"Hi Millie! Bye Millie!" Red chirped out as she dragged you and Gold past. The pokegirl raised a single hand to give you a half-hearted wave before disappearing from sight as you turned a corner.
"R-Red!" Gold gasped. "Slow down! There's no need to rush!"
Thankfully, the overly-energetic girl allows the pair of you to escape from her grasp, watching bemusedly as you and Gold both gasp for air.
"Aw, c'mon guys!" she pouted. "No time to waste! I've got a big action packed day all planned out for us!"
Gold held up a hand. "Just... one... minute..."
"Red," you said, ignoring the other girl's 'eep' at your expression. "What have I told you about dragging us along like that?"
"Aha... oops?" your friend said sheepishly. "Sorry, I got a little too excited again."
"That's fine," you sighed. "Just remember that neither of us are as strong or fast as you are. We can't keep up when you start going into overdrive like that."
"Why were you so excited anyway?" Gold asked, having gotten his breath back. "No, let me guess: you wanted to have a 'sleepover'?" He waggled his eyebrows suggestively. "As much fun as the idea sounds, you really should give us more time to prepare."
Red's face turned as bright as her name. "W-Wait, no! That's not what I wanted!"
"It wasn't?" Gold's face held an expression of utmost sorrow as he held a hand dramatically to his chest. "Alas! To have my hopes raised, only to be dashed so quickly! Truly, you are a cruel woman."
"Oh, shut it, you." you jabbed an elbow into his gut. "Red, what did you actually have in mind?"
Red took a deep breath before continuing, her cheeks still slightly flushed. "Well, actually...
[] "We had a tamer come in to challenge us earlier. Since we're about to get our licenses, I thought it'd be cool to watch an official pokegirl match."
[] "I've still got my rods somewhere in my closet. I figured it'd be nice for us to go fishing again, just like we used to."
[] "Considering how stressed we've all been lately, I thought we should watch a movie together. There's this great show that's supposed to be on later."

This has a much stronger Pokemon feel than I'd expected, for a split second I'd forgotten if this was the right setting until the catgirl receptionist.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about that movie, but... with the pokedex having many mentions of public 'tamings', I've got this sinking feeling it's a porno in some form. That'd definitely be awkward, with Gold at least.
I vote for: [] "We had a tamer come in to challenge us earlier. Since we're about to get our licenses, I thought it'd be cool to watch an official pokegirl match."
Thanks. That's actually the kind of atmosphere I was going for here! I'm glad it worked.
Delete*flips coin-shaped object*
DeleteMy vote is movie.
I'm here now! hollidays happened >.< was sooo busy!
Delete["We had a tamer come in to challenge us earlier. Since we're about to get our licenses, I thought it'd be cool to watch an official pokegirl match."] is my vote if I still can
Hi Ivy. Welcome aboard!
DeleteSo right now we have two votes for "Tamer challenge" and one vote for "Pokeflix and chill"
Let's go fishing.
ReplyDeleteSo...
ReplyDelete2 votes for "Tamer Challenge"
1 vote for "Movies"
and 1 vote for "Fishing"
Looks like "Tamer's Challenge" won. I'll start writing after work tomorrow.