Saturday, 26 November 2016

2. I'm Blue da ba de da ba da

[] "Take your time, sweetie." she said, buttoning up her lab coat. "The test won't officially start for at least another hour or two. Just remember everything I taught you and you'll be fine."

Your mumbled reply goes unheard as she grabs her drink and leaves the room, already tapping at something on her tablet. You can't really blame her for rushing off - Tamer Test days are always busy, even in a small town like this.

By the time you finish eating, you're feeling a little more awake. Tossing the dishes into the sink, you head back upstairs for a quick shower and change of clothes. Once you're done, you check yourself in the bathroom mirror, making sure that none of your mother's pets decided to dye your hair or something while you were asleep. Kitsune can be annoying like that. 

To your relief, your face looks completely clear and unblemished. It seems your mother finally put her foot down - or perhaps her pets are smart enough to realize what she would do to them if they ruined her only child's big day. 

Satisfied with your appearance, you head back to your bedroom and slip into...

[] your favorite boxers. (Male)

[] your most comfortable bra and panties. (Female)

You throw on a simple T-shirt and jeans, huffing a bit when you realize that they feel a little tighter then they should. Maybe you need to start exercising again - you'd put aside your usual jogging this week in order to concentrate on your studies, but if you want to be a tamer you need to be fit enough to walk through miles of wilderness everyday. 

Before you leave the room, you make sure to put away the books you were reading last night. Taking a moment to sort them out, you slide them into their places next to all the other books on...

[] Pokegirls. You've always been interested in your mom's work.

[] Engineering. You've always had a knack for fixing things - or taking them apart

[] Medicine. You've always liked to figure out how to help people

[] Everything. You've never bothered to specialize, instead deciding to learn a little bit of everything 

Your thoughts are interrupted by a loud knocking on the door. "Hey kid!" a disgustingly cheerful voice calls. "Up and at 'em! Your mom says you need to get to the lab now. They're gonna start the test soon."

What, already? You glance at the clock and realize that the shower took more time then you'd expected. "Alright, I'm coming." You open the door, revealing an all too familiar face. "Good morning, Kiki."


"Ready to go?" your mom's favorite Doggirl wags her tail happily. "Excellent! Now let's get moving before all the other candidates arrive."

12 comments:

  1. OK, for gender, I pick female.

    For science focus... I'm having trouble choosing between Pokegirls and Engineering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could we get a basic pro/con 'chart'?

      Delete
    2. Simple summary:

      1) Pokegirls: chance to identify any pokegirl on sight. Better chance of knowing a pokegirl's habits, weaknesses, etc. May give you a bonus during combat

      2) Engineering: understanding the workings of most electronic devices such as pokeballs, healing devices, etc. May be able to modify or even create such items in the future

      3) Medicine: knowledge of how the body works. You can perform basic first aid, and any healing devices (potions, berries, etc.) are more effective because you know the best way to use them

      4) Everything: Super-nerd mode. Gain bonus to ALL knowledge rolls, but you don't get the additional benefits from any given specialty. You may be able to pick a specialty later, but don't expect it to be quick or easy

      Delete
    3. If that's the case I vote Female and option 4

      Delete
    4. OK, I vote for Engineering. Would be fun being able to create various electronic devices. :)

      And it looks like we have a three way tie on specialty, while gender is unanimously female.

      Delete
    5. I change mine for Everything

      Delete
    6. You REALLY don't like ties in the voting, do you, Gojera?

      Delete
    7. No, and also with the descriptions the everything made more sense.

      Delete
  2. So it's pretty clear everyone wants a female. So far, the specialty has 2 votes for "Everything" and 1 vote for "Engineering". I'll leave this open for a while longer in case anyone wants to jump in. You have about, say, 8 hours before I close the vote and start writing the next part.

    Oh, and if anyone has a picture they want to use for the main character, please just post it up in the comments section. Just bear in mind that I might decide to use them for another character if I feel it suits them more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's an idea on my end for an image for the main character: http://img00.deviantart.net/542e/i/2013/045/f/c/lunamaria_hawke__gundam_seed_destiny__vector_by_mike_rmb-d5uwdpj.png

      Delete
  3. 1: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/d1/c6/fd/d1c6fd457ad09a373f57d7268f3a87e7.jpg

    2: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/b1/a9/d6/b1a9d617cd3aef96f8b49539ccdbb8be.jpg

    I'm feeling red-head-ish and I think the glasses look doesn't just make it hotter but it also fits into the "daughter of a scientist" theme.

    ReplyDelete