Thursday, 24 November 2016

1. Wake Up


You groan, your restful sleep interrupted by the blaring of your alarm clock. You move slowly, hand blindly feeling for the cursed device as it continues its wailing. Finally, you find it and turn it off. 

Yawning, you force yourself to rise. Today is a big day, after all. Wouldn't do to be late. 

A few minutes later, you stumble into the kitchen, still rubbing the sleep from your eyes. "Morning, sweetie!" your mom calls. "Ready to finally take the Tamer's Test?"

You yawn, muttering something that sounds vaguely like an answer as you reach for your mug. You gulp down the contents, trying to ignore the taste as you will the caffeine to work faster. 

Your mother just smiled, sipping from her own cup as she watched you. "Still not awake, I see. Well, that's fine...

[] "Sebastian, could you tell Mabel to get ready to go soon?" she asked your butler. "We'll be using the red car today, I think. And tell Millie to start setting up the decorations - the guests will be arriving sometime this evening."

[] "Take your time, sweetie." she said,  buttoning up her lab coat. "The test won't officially start for at least another hour or two. Just remember everything I taught you and you'll be fine."

[] "I'll drop you off on the way to work. Jill, could you cook us an extra large breakfast, please?" she called to the Titmouse scurrying around the stove. "I have the feeling that we'll both be needing the energy today."

13 comments:

  1. Nice opening. :)

    So... we can start as a rich person, a scientist's kid, or a normal kid?

    Part of me is leaning towards rich kid or scientist's kid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red is the "Gym Leader's kid" option.

      As you can imagine, each choice has its own advantages and disadvantages.

      Delete
  2. Gotcha.

    Hmm...

    They all seem interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to go ahead and make a speculation:

    [Rich] "Oh? So you capture feral pokegirls? That's cute, I'd rather buy them from the auctions"

    Yer gonna be Rocket bait for the money in daddy's pocket.


    [Blue] "I shall take this plant type pokegirl and thoroughly 'research' her"

    Yer gonna be Rocket bait for the tech daddy's researching.


    [Red] "I WANNA BE ♬ THE VERY BEST ♬ LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS! DUN♬ DUN♬ DUNDUN♬!"

    Yer gonna be Rocket bait for that sweet sweet pikachu... plus because daddy's sort of 'The Law' around these here parts.
    ______________________________________________________________


    I pick blue!

    We've seen what it looks like for high society tamers and let's not talk about the ENDLESS amount of stories and threads that follow the character that is quite literally named "Red".

    I wanna see the side of things from the researcher's perspective, meet the science! Find new people! Then dissect them for further research!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point.

      I'll follow your lead and pick science. :)

      Delete
    2. Damn, I was going to with red.

      Delete
    3. I'll wait a bit longer, but if Ivy doesn't reply soon I'm just going to go ahead and start writing the next part.

      Delete
    4. ...I will admit that red does seem interesting...

      But Ravni has a point, too, with the fact that the red path would be mostly stereotypical, and blue is one we don't see that much

      Delete
    5. I am considering switching my vote to red, though... or at the very least casting a vote for both red AND blue, which would even out the votes to one each and mean that Zameen could flip a coin to choose between.

      Still considering this, though - I should reach a decision by the time I wake up tomorrow. :)

      Delete
    6. Well, two votes each, if I went with the double vote option. Again, should have a decision by tomorrow.

      Delete
    7. Please stick to one vote per person. I'll start writing the next part tomorrow morning, so if anyone wants to change their votes, please do it before then.

      Delete
    8. ...As much as I like the Gym Leader Option, if I can't be an 'Equalizer' vote, I think I'll stick with science, see just what that leads to.

      Delete
    9. If you did try to double vote I would have withdrawn my vote. I ain't about that stalling life.

      Delete