"Isadora. I-sa-do-ra." the Witch repeated before nodding. "Alright, seems as good as any other name. Anything else you wanted?"
"I know you've been to an actual magic school before, but I'd like to know what exactly you can do." you said, sitting up to look at her better.
The newly named Isadora frowned, tapping her chin as she thought. "Well, I specialized in Black magic, which is, uh, not very nice."
"So... necromancy?"
"That's part of it," she nodded, "but it's more... how do I explain? A lot of my spells are based on decay, entropy, that kind of thing. Really nasty stuff."
Well, even if it wasn't very nice, you could certainly see the uses for something like that. "So how many spells can you cast?"
"I'm... not sure?" the Witch frowned. "It used to be only two, maybe three spells before I used up my mana. Now... I think I can do it more, but I'd need to practice. My magic feels... different."
"Good different or bad different?" you asked, feeling a little concerned.
"Neither. It's just... different." she shook her head. "It's like... getting into your old car and finding out that someone replaced the engine last night. I can cast better now, I think, but I need to get used to it first."
Well, that seems fair enough. You can get her to fight some practice matches in town or go for a walk in the outskirts and find some ferals to beat up. Either way, this feels like it needs to be a priority. Isadora's your starting girl and you need to make sure she can fight effectively.
For now, it's almost dark, You'll both rest for the night and wake up bright and early tomorrow. But first...
You don't think you need to tame her yet, but she's bound to start feeling ferality creeping in soon. Do you want to push the issue or respect her boundaries?
[] Tame Isadora
[] Don't tame Isadora
Tomorrow morning, you'll...
[] Look for a tamer who's willing to have a practice match
[] Look for some ferals to fight
-------------------
Isadora Social Link Increased!
2d4+2: 4+2+2: 8
Current Social Link: [2/10]! [0/20] to next level!
Isadora is willing to listen to your orders!
Tame Isadora, BUT only if she agrees to it. Don't try jumping into the subject and instead let's put that caring lover trait to good use.
ReplyDeleteIf worse comes to worse, cuddle.
Also, let's go look for a feral, near the city, not too far. Try and see what she can do.
cuddles are always a good fallback.
Deleteand we definitely shouldn't stray too far from the city.
Agreed on both counts. Put the caring lover trait to use, and tame her only if she wants it.
DeleteAnd looking for ferals near the city outskirts seems like a good idea. Try to stay close to guarded entrances - if we find a feral that's too tough for us to take on alone, we fall back to the guards and let them help us out.
Agreed on taming. However, if we come across a feral she can't handle, we're dead. Better stay in town or potentially get a buddy to go out with us.
DeleteThat's why I suggested we stay near guarded entrances - if we come across something we can't handle, we can hopefully get help before we get overwhelmed.
DeleteUnless we encounter a Widow or a Mantis Swarm, in which case we're probably dead either way, not to mention everyone in the town.
So it looks like "Tame/Cuddle her"and "Look for ferals" wins. Will have the next one up tonight.
ReplyDelete