---------------------------------

The Auction House is a massive cathedral of a building, towering over everything else nearby. People scurry through and fro, their voices and footsteps lost in the vast, echoing chamber that is the entrance hall. Looking around, you note the many guards standing around, both human and pokegirl. Considering the amount of wealth held in this building, you're fairly certain that there are many more hanging around somewhere nearby.
Putting it out of your mind for now, you make your way to the counter set up in front of you. Surprisingly enough, the receptionist is a man, ableit one with some heavy pokegirl ancestry judging by the greyish skin and two small horns jutting out of his forehead.
"Welcome to the New Home Auction House." he greets you briskly, barely glancing up from his computer. "Name and ID please."
Wordlessly, you hand over your license.
"One moment... Ah, here you are." he smiled, turning to look at you properly. "Very well, Miss Blue. It says here that you still haven't received a starter yet. I'm assuming that that's what you're here for?"
You nod.
"I see. Anything in particular? There are a lot of breeds available here, though I cannot guarantee that we have exactly what you're looking for. Still, if necessary we can arrange for almost any pokegirl to be delivered. For a small fee, of course."
Hmm... you haven't really thought much about what to get.
In the end, you decide to ask for...
[] What do you ask for? You can request a specific pokegirl or simply make a general request for a certain element. The rarer and more powerful the girl is, the higher the price will be.
"Noted." the man said. "Hmm... what's your budget like? How much are you willing to spend?"
[] Budget? (Max is 100, 000 SLC)
I would suggest a Fire Elementalist. The flame spells she could use would be incredible. Though if a Fire Elementalist would be too expensive, then just Fire-Element Pokegirls in general.
ReplyDeleteAs for a Budget, I'd say aim for 50,000 or less, but we can go as high as 75,000 if there is a Fire Elementalist available for that much.
Also, Zameen, what will you do if we all end up making different requests with our votes? Just pick one, or look into all the options for us?
DeleteIf everyone has a different request, the receptionist will tell you where you can find each of them ("Go to Hall 6 for Fire types, Hall 7 for Bug types..."). You all will need to decide where you want to go.
DeleteI am guessing prices are similar based on rarity than with the other pokegirl RP?
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTo clarify: you won't actually be travelling in a group with Red/Gold. You kinda skipped over those options earlier. You can meet up and travel with them later, but at the beginning you're going to be on your own.
DeleteAs for the prices, they're more or less accurate, but certain breeds can have their prices raised or lowered by up to 20% due to market factors.
For Very Rare or higher breeds, you need to actually bid at an auction, so the prices can fluctuate even more depending on who's attending and how much money they're throwing around.
As for other equipment, you can get a general list of prices here: http://z3.invisionfree.com/PokegirlsPokecenter/index.php?showtopic=264
Bear in mind that this is just a generality and that pricing and quality changes depending on where you go. For example, a street market will have cheaper, low quality gear while a specialty store will have expensive, high quality gear.
That's blue league primer, http://z3.invisionfree.com/PokegirlsPokecenter/index.php?showtopic=121 is equipment guide.
DeleteMy question was more along the lines of how much we need and how much we have? Do we have a tent or a backpack? Some basic foodstuff from home? Basically, the question is: What do we really really NEED to buy to be able to be wandering around?
Also, I'm guessing that to know about the individual breeds we gotta go see them in person, correct?
If so, I vote to ally with Takeshi and go for the Fire Hall and see what's there.
Romanticide is a main fire element, so fingers crossed.
Whoops. Sorry for the wrong link.
DeleteAs for the equipment, you currently have a backpack, a pokedex, 5 pokeballs and several changes of clothes.
As for what you NEED to buy, that'll be up to you.
Do you want to travel into the wild with nothing but your pokegirl and the clothes on your back? Kinda risky, but sure.
Want to blow all your money on camping equipment? Also risky, but in a different way.
Later on, I'll be letting you pick where you want to do your shopping: Pokemart (will have all the bog standard equipment at standard prices), Marketplace (lower quality, lower price, chance to discover rare and exotic items) or Specialty stores (high quality, high price, will have special goods available).
Now, unless Zameen changes up the prices, I'm basing myself on this:
ReplyDeleteCommon: 20,000 SLC
Uncommon: 50,000 SLC
Rare: 100,000 SLC
Very Rare: 250,000 SLC
Extremely Rare: 500,000 SLC
Meaning that the Elementalist, being Very Rare, is most definitely outside our price range.
Even then, I do not believe we should take in a "Fire" breed simply for their fire. What use would she have outside of a fight? As cool a a fire user may be, our priority in a starter should be geared more towards someone with a more wholesome skillset. For both in and out of battles.
Whether they are Fire-types should be secondary.
Here are my suggestions ordered by the one I'd like the most all the way to least. They're separated by Rarity:
Rare (All our moneyz)
*Sheying / Romanticide (These two I like WAY above the others)
-Kissitalcoatl / Sorceress
-Marylith
-Omegan
Uncommon (Half the moneyz)
-Synthan / Doppeldame
-High Elf / Kunoichi
-Tigress / Armsmistress
-Pidgeota
Common (Not many moneyz)
-Rapha
-Kitsune / Catgirl / Doggirl
______________________________________________
Overall, I think we should aim to get the best option possible regardless of cost. If the girl is capable enough she can compensate for lack of supplies not to mention that if we're travelling as a group the impact shouldn't be as noticeable.
This way, if the girl is a healer, we wouldn't need to worry about healing supplies as much. And if she has internal compass, there wouldn't be much need of a map... that sort of thing.
I suggest we learn of the prices of what breeds we're interested in BEFORE we move to pick one and have to dance around the Elemental Halls one at a time. Also, knowing what our supplies would cost and what we get with them would be appreciated (such as tent or water or whatever).
I agree with Takeshi on our budget being near the 75K-80K approximately, just give the word of what breeds that'd delete from the list.
DeleteI personally like Water Pokemon. Just throwing that into the pool.
ReplyDeleteWhich ones?
DeleteSo to confirm: your maximum budget is 75-80K SLC, correct?
ReplyDeleteRight now the pokegirls you seem to be interested in are:
- Fire Elementalist (Takeshi)
- Fire types in general (Takeshi)
- Water type in general (IvyCelesti)
@Mario, could you cut down your list a bit? There's too many girls right now. Either put in one or two specific breeds or make a request for a particular element, skill or personality. Based on your current budget, Rare and above pokegirls will be too expensive.
Edit: Sorry, not "personality". I meant something like combat style (good at long range, good in close combat, etc.)
DeleteSheying and Romanticide are my first choice.
DeleteIf those result too expensive because they're Rare, then Synthan and Doppeldame are second choice since they're Uncommon.
Sought abilities are... well, "Useful outside of battle", like how Sheying can be a good alpha and guide, Romanticide can build stuff, Synthan can work with tech, and Doppeldame is a one girl army (which can be useful in a whole lot of ways).
Honestly, I'm still willing to go broke over the first two choices (100K budget), but I'd like to at least check if they're on discount or something.
DeleteIn battle style, Romanticide and Sheying are pretty much accounted for already; but for Synthan and Doppeldame I'd say mid to long range speciality.
I'm cool with any girl by the way. I'll just vote on the individual.
DeleteSo Gojera is taking the 'I have no opinion' approach.
DeleteAlright - well, I guess we'll see what Fire and Water types are available in the auction house. :D