"It's been a while since we did this, huh?" Red said, drying off her hair as she sat on the bed. "I'm starting to feel a little nostalgic!"
"We've all been so busy lately... I guess we just never had the time for it." you said, carefully painting your toenails blue. Red insisted that it was traditional' to do makeup and girly things during a sleepover. You didn't really see the point of it yourself, but saw no harm in humoring her.
Besides, these were a rather nice shade of blue. A shame no one else would ever see them, oh well.
"But we should have found time!" Red insisted. She tossed the towel aside and reached for her hair blower. "It's not right, just abandoning our friendship like that!"
"It's not like we didn't see each other every week, Red." you reminded her. "We just didn't have time to hang out like this."
Your friend pouted. "I guess. It still doesn't feel right, though. I've spoken more with you today then I have in the entire last month."
"Red..."
"Sorry, sorry," she shook her head, her eyes tearing up slightly. "I know you're busy helping your mom, and Gold's got his family things to do, but..."
Ah crap. She's crying. This wasn't what you had planned at all!
[] Pat her shoulder awkwardly and try to say something comforting. Dammit, where's Gold when you need him?
[] Give her a hug. She looks like she needs a hug.
[] Go for a kiss. There's no way this could possibly go wrong.
I say kiss. :)
ReplyDeleteYou're rushing the gun there.
DeleteI say hug, reassure her we were doing a lot of work because we wanted to be ready to be a tamer because it's a huge thing for us, and that we thought that once we hit the road we'd get to spend ALL the time together.
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteOK, to explain my vote: I personally believe, even if it isn't outright stated, that this choice will actually determine the 'flavor' of our relationship with Red. My interpretation of the options:
DeletePat her shoulder awkwardly - we're decent friends, but Gold is the 'glue' holding us together; if something happens to him or he parts ways from us, Red won't stay good friends with us for too long.
Give her a hug - We're very close friends, have been for a while, with a good chance of becoming more.
Go for a kiss - We have always been closer to Red than anyone else, except for maybe our mother. No matter who else may come into our life, Red was, is, and always will be our first love.
That's my interpretation of our choices. And since I'm... a bit of a sucker for sappy romances, that's why I voted kiss. :)
Zameen, if I am at all wrong in my interpretation here, please feel free to let me know.
Delete@Takeshi: Pretty spot on, actually. The only mistake you made was on the last option. Remember, in the pokegirl world, sex is far more... casual then it is here. Red and Blue and even Gold have probably experimented with each other before (hence the possible three-way option earlier).
DeleteKissing Red doesn't mean that you're going to be True Loves or anything like that, but it does mean that Blue considers them close enough that she's comfortable engaging in sexual behavior with her and is confident that her actions will be reciprocated.
Giving her a hug means that Blue and Red have a more platonic relationship - more like sisters then lovers. They wouldn't mind doing lewd things together, but an actual romantic relationship isn't likely.
Patting her shoulder is the option that shows that their relationship isn't actually as close. Perhaps they've only known each other for a short while, or maybe they just don't 'click' naturally. This option shows Blue internally panicking because she doesn't know Red well enough to figure out how to make her feel better.
Since no one else is voting I'll break the tie. Go big or go home. Kiss da girl
DeleteThanks for clarifying, Zameen, and thank you Gojera for agreeing with me. Perhaps I'm going to have a better voting track record this go-around. :)
DeleteHadn't thought of it that way.
DeleteKiss da girl!
And it is now unanimous!! :D
DeleteSo Mario, Takeshi and Gojera are all going for the "Kiss" option. I'll try to have the next post up tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteJust a word of warning: I'll be busy from Friday (16th December) to Monday (19th December), so don't expect any updates during that period.
Apologies, but I'll have to delay the next post until next week due to work.
ReplyDeleteI had a feedback session with my boss which... I don't know whether to be happy or upset.
On one hand, he said that they liked my work and thought I was meeting expectations. :)
On the other hand, he said that he wanted me to start writing one article a day instead of one article a week from now onwards. (O.O)
So, yeah...
I will have to put this on hold for a few days so that I can catch up to my new workload. Rest assured that I do not plan to abandon this quest. If I still haven't posted anything by next week, please send me a PM or something to remind me that you're still waiting.
Geeze I thought I checked this everyday... so much has happened O.o
DeleteGood luck with your work, Zameen.
DeleteYou still there?
Delete