Keep alert on case of potential ambush. If we're attacked, bring out everyone and get some distance between the threat and us.
No sacrifices to "stall while you get away"
---------------------------
While you're still a bit wary, these people don't seem like a bunch of Team Rocket goons. Cautiously, you step out into the open, Ana and Lamina at your side.
Unfortunately, it seems that everyone else is too busy to pay attention to you.
The rough looking tamer in green looks a little too smug for your liking. "Look," he drawled. "None of you said anything about not allowing switching. I won fair and square."
The two people on the bridge seem less then amused. The man in particular is fuming as he shouts at his opponent. "Fair and square?!" he spits, "You wretch! If you had any sense of honor, you would-"
"Hang on, Lionel," the woman beside him interrupted. Judging by the pokeballs on her belt,she was almost definitely another tamer rather then a pokegirl. Her clothing looked similar to her companion's, if a little more elaborately designed. "We have company."
"What?!" the man growls, glaring at you. "More cheating scum, here to rob us of our hard earned money?"
The guy in green coughs. "Speaking of which, I believe you still owe me-"
"Silence!" the martial artist demands, pointing dramatically at the other tamer. "I will not stand for this insult! I challenge you again! Double or nothing!"
The guy in green smirks, pulling a brightly colored pokeball off his belt. "Well, if you're that eager to get your ass kicked, who am I to complain?"
"Boys..." the female martial artist muttered, rolling her eyes as she approached you. "Hey there, stranger!" she calls. "Sorry about the mess. I'm afraid Lionel tends to get a little too worked up by these challenges."
So what's going on here?
The woman gestures at her uniform. "Well, as you can see, the two of us are trainees from the Silent Fist gym. As part of our training, we're supposed to test ourselves against other tamers, which is why we're challenging anyone who wants to cross the bridge. You interested in a battle?"
[] Sure!
[] Um, not now. I'm kinda in a rush...
[] No thanks. But could I stay and watch your friend's battle?


I would say either 'Um, not now' or 'No thanks, but I could stay and watch.' If other people want to fight, though, I am okay with that. :)
ReplyDeleteLet's watch them fight. If they don't wanna, then let's fight.
DeleteSo long as the stakes are NOT pokegirls.
[Um, not now. I'm kinda in a rush...]
ReplyDeleteYeah, we haven't been formally challenged and we got places to be.
DeleteGood point. I'll focus my answer on "Um, not now."
Delete